Internship in Nutrition & Health at the International dairy Federation
We are looking for a trainee/intern for a duration of 6 months starting in September 2019. The position offers an excellent practical learning experience to those with an interest in working in an international environment linking science based evidence and policy work.
The placement will be in our offices in Brussels, within a cross-functional and international team and provides a unique opportunity to engage with a dynamic sector.
Traineeships/internships are not salaried positions, but IDF contributes to subsistence and travel expenses.
The International Dairy Federation
The International Dairy Federation represents the global dairy sector and ensures the best scientific expertise is used to support high quality milk and nutritious, safe and sustainable dairy products. IDF’s mission is to help nourish the world with safe and sustainable dairy. The organisation is a leading source of scientific and technical expertise for all stakeholders. It also works closely with NGOs and IGOs around the world and engages stakeholders in productive activities and research projects to further current knowledge and science on a wide range of issues. Today, dairy is one of the most vibrant and strategic sectors, with a major impact on national economies, public health and the environment. Through its working bodies, events and work programme, IDF provides a common platform, systems and processes for the global dairy sector to come together to reach consensus. For more information, please visit www.fil-idf.org
This role will be to assist the nutrition and health activities of the organization. You will contribute to the strategic aims of the IDF through high quality scientific expertise. You will play a key role to promote the science and technology that underpins the dairy sector and its activities.
• Support the work of the Nutrition and Health related topics
• Provide substantive input to and assist in drafting IDF position papers, surveys, reports and other publications
• Participation in meetings and conferences
• Support in managing relations with IDF members and external contacts
• Additional support of the department or office (related topics, administrative and internal processes)
• Master degree preferably in (human nutrition, dietetics, public health, agriculture)
• Fluency in English (written & oral) – any other language is a plus
• Confident user of Microsoft Office and Internet tools.
Desired skills & Competencies:
• Team working spirited in a multicultural environment
• Strong administration and organization skills
• Strong analytical skills and multi-tasking skills
• Quick-learner, enthusiastic and efficient.
Internship Terms & Conditions:
• Location: Brussels, Belgium
• Period: 6 months, full-time
• Starting date: September 2019
• International working environment.
For interested candidates, please submit your curriculum and motivation letter to: [email protected]