- Reaction to the revision of the FAO report on Milk and Milk Products in Human Nutrition.
- Dairy fat – input and follow up of the FAO/WHO Expert Consultation on Fats and Fatty Acids in Human Nutrition; input in Codex discussions related to fats, setting up of a speaker network.
- Coordination of Codex Nutrition Matters and input to CCNFSDU and CCFL.
- Dairy nutrition and environmental sustainability.
- Carbohydrates including a specific focus on lactose.
- Dairy and children’s diet.
- Review of Vitamin K2 produced by microorganisms in fermented dairy products
- Update of the IDF Nutrition website www.idfdairynutrition.org
- To consider all aspects of human nutrition and health, particularly present knowledge and any new discovery in the field of nutritional science that can affect the consumption of milk and milk products;
- To encourage research into the role of milk and milk products in the diet;
- To monitor and maintain relations with other international bodies working in the area of nutrition and health such as FAO and WHO, on behalf of the dairy sector;
- To provide scientific information and maintain a relationship with the IDF Food Standard Steering Group (FSSG) concerning the monitoring of the Codex Committee on Nutrition and Foods for Special Dietary Uses (CCNFSDU) and with the Standing Committee on Food Labelling and Terminology in relation to labelling issues on the Codex agenda;
- To ensure the dissemination of information through the publication of peer reviewed articles and other media and to follow the work of other organizations with regard to nutrient density.