- Strategies for harmonization of Codex dairy standard food additives with the GSFA
- Ongoing Comparison of all food additives in all Codex dairy standards versus the most recent version of the GSFA, and GL 36
- Additives in GSFA Dairy Product Categories
- To monitor, review, report and advise on regulation of the use of food and animal feed additives, processing aids, carriers, flavors and colors;
- To assist Codex in adopting technically correct and feasible Codex standards, codes, and guidelines on food and animal feed additives, processing aids, carriers, flavors and colors, based upon international consensus;
- To collect and present data on risk assessments of additives, processing aids, carriers, flavors and colors;
- To assist in developing consensus positions for the use of additives, including processing aids, carriers, flavors and colors through the monitoring and involvement in the activities of the Joint FAO/WHO Expert Committee on Food Additives (JECFA), the CCFA, the CAC and other relevant national and international organizations;
- To represent member interests from an industry perspective on international food additive issues and represent their views in preparing IDF reports, statements, position papers, proposals, surveys, etc. including submission of technical advice to the CCFA, the JECFA and other relevant Codex bodies, in consultation with other IDF Standing Committees as appropriate, in particular the Standing Committees on Standards of Identity, and Food Labelling and Terminology;
- To adequately monitor, on behalf of IDF, the additive work of the JECFA and the CCFA in so far as it affects additives, processing aids, carriers, flavors and colors and for providing advice on any implications for the work of other IDF SC.
Documents, factsheets, articles...
Factsheet: food additives
What are food additives ? Why are food additives used ? … and more information on safety of food additives in this fact sheet prepared by the IDF Standing Committee on Food Additives.