- Development of IDF/ISO International Standards
- Regulatory matters – items directly related to Codex Alimentarius.
- Development and standardization of methods relating to the analysis in milk and milk products of processing aids and indicators, including milk clotting enzymes and other enzymes used in cheese making,
- Standardization of methods for characterization of process, including heat treatment and suitability for use in specific applications,
- To develop and standardize methods of analysis relating to (i) milk clotting activity of the milk coagulating enzymes in different preparations of milk and milk products, (ii) other enzymes used in cheese making, for example lipases, and rennet;
- To standardize methods for physical and rheological properties of dairy products; methods for characterization of dried milk in relation to heat treatment and suitability for use in specific applications, as well as distinguishing heat treated milk and dairy products including raw milk; as well as reference materials, laboratory techniques, laboratory glassware and other equipment, automated methods, sampling and interpretation of analytical results;
- To monitor and work with other international organizations and advise the Methods Standards Steering Group on any implications related to methods of analysis relating to processing aids, indicators and physical properties of milk and milk products;