"The scientific expertise for the dairy sector worldwide"
IDF’s membership is made up of National Committees, constituted by dairy organizations in each country and representing as fully as possible the various dairying activities of the country (such as milk production, manufacture, distribution, technology, science, human nutrition, marketing, economics, education and administration).
The National Committee
- Is the focal point for national input into IDF
- Relays IDF's output in its own country
- Nominates representatives on IDF's working bodies
- Promotes IDF to the dairy sector in its country
- Is responsible for providing the national contribution to IDF's funding.
IDF also has Honorary members. Honorary membership is granted to individuals for a particular distinction in the field of dairying or outstanding services to the Federation.