IDF Standing Committee on Dairy Policies and Economics
- World Dairy Situation report 2013
- Conference on Dairy Policies & Economics for the IDF World Dairy Summit Yokohama (JP) in October-November 2013
- To initiate projects to study developments which, in the broader sense, are likely to influence the dairy situation in the medium perspective and to monitor worldwide market conditions and trends for each dairy product category;
- To analyze the economic parameters in relation to milk production, processing and marketing;
- To monitor developments in international trade policies, price support policies, supply management policies and programs designed to encourage the restructuring of milk production, pricing and marketing policies and programs designed to encourage consumption in developed and developing countries;
- To initiate projects designed to provide economic and statistical information to the member countries of IDF and the world’s dairy sector. To disseminate information and promote the interchange of knowledge through symposia, conferences, seminars, Special Addresses, and regular reports to the dairy sector;
- To maintain relations with other international bodies, at intergovernmental and nongovernmental level, on behalf of the dairy sector in the area of dairy policies and economics, and maintain contact with other Standing Committees, for example, on Farm management, Environment, etc. on the policy and economic implications of their findings.
Documents, factsheets, articles...
Factsheet: IDF Country Reports - April 2013
Members of the IDF Standing Committee on Dairy Policies and Economic (SC DPE) from 17 countries submitted a country report in April 2013
Factsheet: IDF Country Reports - November 2012
Members of the IDF Standing Committee on Dairy Policies and Economic (SC DPE) from 19 countries submitted a country report in November 2012
Factsheet: IDF Country Reports - August 2012
Members of the IDF Standing Committee on Dairy Policies and Economic (SC DPE) from 16 countries submitted a country report in March 2012
IDF Standing Committee on Marketing
- International Milk Promotion Group
- Conference on Marketing for the IDF World Dairy Summit Yokohama (JP) in October-November 2013
- To keep under review domestic promotion, and marketing programs which are designed to increase the domestic market for milk and milk products through advertising, sales promotion, consumer education, new or modified product development, consumer research and public relations programs and campaigns;
- To develop strategies and activities for communication and issues/crisis management that respond to matters of interest or concern affecting dairy products and the dairy industry;
- To initiate projects designed to disseminate information and promote the interchange of knowledge within the member countries of IDF through conferences/seminars, special addresses and regular reports to the members of IDF;
- To take advantage of the potential synergy between dairy marketing and dairy policy and economics;
- To examine, in conjunction with the Standing Committee on Nutrition and Health, current and new knowledge in dairy nutrition and health and indicate how it can be utilized by the dairy sector to further the image and consumption of milk and milk products and counteract scientifically unjustified information (nutrimarketing).